A meaning: with form: noun + totomoni eg. Oshyougatsu ha kazoku totomoni sugoshitai. I want to spend New Year (party) with my family.
B meaning: at the same time form: verb (dict. form) + totomoni i adj. + totomoni noun + de aru + totomoni na adj. + de aru + totomoni eg.Kobayashisan ha gakusei wo shidou suru totomoni, kenkyuu nimo chikara wo ireteiru. Mr. Kobayashi coaches the students and puts his strenght in making some researches at the same time.
Kono seihin no kaihatsu ha, konnan de aru totomoni, hiyou ga kakaru. Regarding the development of this product, it is difficult and needs money at the same time.
C meaning: is used when a change leads to another one. form: verb (dict. form) + totomoni noun + totomoni eg. Toshi wo toru totomoni, tairyoku ga otoroeru. As you become older, your physical strength becomes weaker.
＊The meaning of とともに changes depending on the sentence pattern and context.
1) 「ＡはＢとともにＣ」: when A and B share the common property C, とともに means "as well as." (See example #6291.)
2) 「ＡはＢとともにＣ」: when A and B are the actors of the action C, とともに means "with; along with." (See example #6292.)
3) When とともに is preceded by a noun representing an action or event, とともに means either "at the same time as; when" or "as; with" depending on the event or action represented by the noun. (See example #6293.)
4) When とともに is preceded by a verb, とともに means "as; while." (See example #6294.)
5) When とともに is preceded by Ｎ・なＡ(stem) + である, とともに means "as well as." (See example #6295.)