飲む, 呑む, 飮む, のむ
Godan verb, Transitive, 呑む often means swallowing whole, gulping, etc.
1. to drink, to gulp, to swallow, to take (medicine)
See 喫む, also written 喫む
2. to smoke (tobacco)
3. to engulf, to overwhelm
4. to keep down, to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
1. too, also, in addition, as well, (not) either (in a negative sentence)
2. both A and B, A as well as B, neither A nor B (in a negative sentence)
used for emphasis or to express absence of doubt regarding a quantity, etc.
3. even, as much as, as many as, as far as, as long as, no less than, no fewer than
often as 〜ても, 〜でも, 〜とも, etc.
4. even if, even though, although, in spite of
Adverb, See もう・3, Colloquialism, Abbreviation
5. further, more, again, another, the other
(some) more, even more, longer, further
1. wanted, wished for, in need of, desired
Auxiliary adjective, Usually in kana, after the -te form of a verb
2. I want (you) to
糒, 干し飯, 乾し飯, 干飯, 乾飯, ほしい, ほしいい
dried boiled rice used mainly as provisions of samurai troops and travelers (travellers)