花, 華, はな
1. flower, blossom, bloom, petal
2. cherry blossom
4. blooming (esp. of cherry blossoms)
Particle, pronounced わ in modern Japanese
1. indicates sentence topic
2. indicates contrast with another option (stated or unstated)
3. adds emphasis
1. what, how
Usually in kana, indicates surprise, admiration, etc.
2. what (a) ...!
3. surprisingly, to my amazement, believe it or not, why, ...!
4. oh my, wow
used when asking for confirmation or approval
5. well, ..., so, ...
See 斗宿, Rare
Chinese "Dipper" constellation (one of the 28 mansions)
See 北都, historical term, Poetical term
2. Kōfuku-ji (Buddhist temple in Nara)
きれい, 綺麗, 奇麗, キレイ
1. pretty, lovely, beautiful, fair
Usually in kana
2. clean, clear, pure, tidy, neat
3. completely, entirely
な, なあ, なー, なぁ
Only な, Particle, prohibitive; used with dictionary form verb
imperative (from なさい); used with -masu stem of verb
Interjection, used to get someone's attention or press one's point
3. hey, listen, look, say
when seeking confirmation, for emphasis, etc.; used at sentence end
4. now, ..., well, ..., I tell you!, you know
used to express admiration, emotionality, etc.; used at sentence end
5. wow, ooh