Japanese dictionary & Nihongo learning tool. Use it online here or download an offline app
Noun (futsuumeishi)
(university) degree, (academic) degreediplôme universitaire, titre universitaireakademischer Grad, (z.B.:) Doktorgrad, Doktortitel, Bakkalaureus, B.A., Magister, Magister artium

ON: ガクKUN: まな.ぶ
study, learning, science

ON: KUN: くらい, ぐらい
rank, grade, throne, crown, about, some

Example sentences
彼は法学修士の学位を得た。Parts: (かれ), 法学 (ほうがく), 修士 (しゅうし), 学位 (がくい), 得る (える)He got a master's degree in law.
Il a obtenu un diplôme en droit.

Community comments
The words and kanji on this web site come from the amazing dictionary files JMDict, EDICT and KANJIDIC. These files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's licence. The example sentences come from the projects Tatoeba and Tanaka Corpus. Kanji search by radicals is based on the Kradfile2 and Kradfile-u files containing radical decomposition of 13108 Japanese characters. Many thanks to all the people involved in those projects!